Our old neighborhood is the area just east of downtown Urbana and is generally bound by Main Street on the north, Cottage Grove Avenue on the east, Washington Street on the south, and Vine Street on the west.
We are an eclectic mix of housing types connected in part by brick streets and sidewalks flanked by large, old trees and walkable to many wonderful Urbana amenities.
Our area is historic, affordable, friendly, safe, and welcoming. While many of us have lived here for years, we always welcome our new neighbors, whether renters or owners.
HEUNA was created to serve as a voice for the residents of East Urbana neighborhoods. You are encouraged to join us in our mission:
- To preserve the historic nature of East Urbana as a family-oriented neighborhood
- To maintain, conserve, and improve East Urbana for families by promoting retention of current owner-occupied homes and encouraging the upkeep of rental properties
- To address street parking and sidewalk repair issues
- To promote rehabilitation projects of older homes
- To strengthen the association by encouraging neighbors' involvement and participation
- To welcome new residents and homeowners
Website created by Holly Rushakoff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to contribute or make a suggestion.
HEUNA illustration created by Dennis Roberts. Dennis serves on the Urbana City Council as an Alderman for Ward 5, representing HEUNA.